Horror Anthology: Running with the Pack
Today we’re going to look at horror author and editor Ekaterina Sedia’s werewolf anthology called Running with the Pack.
And consider checking out the follow-up anthology of all kinds of shape-shifters called Bewere the Night, also edited by Sedia and featured here in an earlier post.
Remember, if you are interested in this book, click the mouse on the icon below the book summary to order it from an online bookseller through an affiliate link.
Running with the Pack
Editor: Sedia, Ekaterina
Cover Art: Stephen H. Segal
Format: Trade Paperback
Type: Horror Anthology
Page Count: 352pp.
Pub. Date: April 19, 2010
Publisher: Prime Books
Remember the werewolves of old stories and films, those bloodthirsty monsters that transformed under the full moon, reminding us of the terrible nature that lives within all of us?
Today’s werewolves are much more suave and even sexy, and they moved from British moors to New York City lofts, shaved, and got jobs.
But as the tales of these writers will show you, they remained no less wild and passionate, and they still tug at the part of our being where a wild animal used to be.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction by Ekaterina Sedia
- Wild Ride by Carrie Vaughn
- Side Effects May Include by Steve Duffy
- Comparison of Efficacy Rates for Seven Antipathetics as Employed Against Lycanthropes by Marie Brennan
- Beautiful Gelreesh by Jeffrey Ford
- Skin in the Game by Samantha Henderson
- Blended by C. E. Murphy
- Locked Doors by Stephanie Burgis
- Werelove by Laura Anne Gilman
- In Sheep’s Clothing by Molly Tanzer
- Royal Bloodlines by Mike Resnick
- Dire Wolf by Genevieve Valentine
- Take Back the Night by Lawrence Schimel
- Mongrel by Maria Snyder
- Deadfall by Karen Everson
- Red Riding Hood’s Child by N. K. Jemisin
- Are You A Vampire or A Goblin? by Geoffrey Goodwin
- The Pack and the Pickup Artist by Mike Brotherton
- The Garden, the Moon, the Wall by Amanda Downum
- Blamed For Trying To Live by Jesse Bullington
- The Barony At Rodal by Peter Bell
- Inside Out by Erzbet Yellowboy
- Gestella by Susan Palwick